Welcome to King Edward Road Surgery
Online service https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com/Login?PracticeId=K83012
Flu vaccinations are now available. Please ring the surgery to make an appointment.
As usual, the following are eligible:
- pregnant women
- anyone living with long term medical conditions
- everyone aged 65 and over
- people with caring responsibilities
- The full criteria can be accessed via the attached link.
New service for patients
You may now take advantage of a new way of accessing our services called Doctorlink.
Doctorlink is an online health needs assessment and symptom checker which will advise you according to your health needs, and where required message the Receptionists with an appointment request. You can also request FIT notes or repeat prescriptions through this service. It also means that you do not have to wait on the telephone to access the healthcare you need.
If you require urgent care when the surgery is closed please contact www.111.nhs.uk or you can use our new online service doctorlink.
Special Arrangements due to Coronavirus.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic the way we work has had to change significantly. Whilst the Surgery remains fully open, we are triaging all appointments. We still see patients face to face where appropriate, and we now hold video consultations as well as telephone consultations. It is important that our patients continue to seek medical advice for serious conditions or if they develop symptoms that cause concern. We also strongly encourage patients to come for their screening and immunisations.
If these symptoms are related to COVID-19 (coronavirus) then seek help via the dedicated national service on https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 or telephone 111. If any symptoms are life threatening then call 999.
We are following the advice of the Government in changing the way we provide our services as from 13/3/20
1. Patients must not come to the surgery if they have a new persistent cough, or a fever (raised temperature), or have lost their sense of taste or smell.
2. Patients should self isolate for 10 days if they have these symptoms.
3. If anyone in your household has the symptoms you and any other co-habitees must self isolate for 14 days.
4. If the symptoms worsen and you need advice should contact www.111.nhs.uk or the Surgery
5. All new Surgery appointments can only be made by telephone, not at the Surgery
6. Please do not come to the Surgery unless you have an appointment and do not have symptoms
7. Prescriptions can be ordered by placing your requests in the box in the foyer of the Surgery, by emailing email@example.com, or via systmonline
8. All prescriptions will be sent to nominated pharmacies electronically
9. On line booking of appointments has been temporarily suspended
10. Most new appointments will be over the telephone or by video (Reception will advise if this is the case). Hover face to face appointments will be given when the Doctor decides it is needed.
11. Our Receptionists will advise how best to handle any other requests
Get help for the extremely vulnerable at www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
Contact - Practice News Summer 2020
See a GP by video with LIVI – free on the NHS. Appointments available the same day – evenings and weekends. Get the app https://bit.ly/2wBlwFG
(Site updated 20/10/2020)