The KERS PPG was set up in 1991 as a groundbreaking innovation to:
· Support the Doctors, Practice Nurses and staff
· To highlight patients priorities and issues to the Practice Team
· To discuss proposed changes to the way the Practice operates
· To review issues raised by the Patient Surveys, which are carried out nationally and within the Practice, to ensure continuous improvement
· To provide for the exchange of information and ideas between Patients and the Practice Team
· To arrange “Meet The Doctor” sessions focusing on specific health issues
In 2006 we were awarded “PPG of the Year” by the Royal College of General Practitioners, and a member of the PPG has addressed meetings at the Royal College of General Practitioners Conferences twice in the last four years and we remain, therefore, in the forefront of National PPGs.
The PPG is run by a small management committee elected from patients of KERS. Meetings are normally held on the first Monday of each month and last approximately one hour. We would welcome enquiries from interested patients who would like to join us.
If you are not able to attend meetings in person, you may be interested in becoming an e-member and receive information, minutes etc. for comment by email. Please contact our Chair Muriel James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since the early 1990’s “Contact” the PPG newsletter has been produced a minimum of four times a year. It is available in the surgery waiting areas and can be posted free to all housebound patients. You can see the latest issue of Contact by clicking on the Practice Newsletter tab on the left of this page.
The PPG has a history of providing informative leaflets for Patients and arranging short seminars which are designed to help Patients increase their knowledge of health matters. To this end we have run a series of very successful “Focus on Health” events in recent years, such as “Waist Management”,“COPD and Arthritis, Dementia, Diabetes, Stroke and Cancer.